CCBA Trial Academy
The Trial Academy is…
- An interactive trial skills training program intended to improve advocacy skills. Collin County Judges, in conjunction with experienced attorneys, will lecture on and demonstrate the primary components of a trial. Participants will then practice their skills through live exercises.
Trial Academy Details
- Participants must make every effort to attend 3 modules held September 22, October 6, and October 20 from 8:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Each module has 2 sessions. All modules will be held at the Collin County Courthouse.
- Modules will be 5 hours long (plus one thirty-minute break) and approved for CLE credit.
- Topics include voir dire, opening and closing statements, direct and cross-examination, and expert witness examination.
- Cost is $200 (includes Trial Advocacy notebook)
- A certificate will be awarded at the Graduation Dinner on October 24 to those who complete at least five out of six sessions.
Trial Academy Participation Criteria
- Current member of the Collin County Bar Association (membership form for new members: http://www.collincountybar.org/assets/Councils/McKinney-TX/library/2017-2018%20Membership%20Form%20with%20Logo.pdf or renew:http://www.collincountybar.org/members/renewal )
- Commitment to attend the trial practice modules on dates listed above.
Click on the link below for details (application form and payment):