Corporate Counsel Section Meeting
Joining us for this meeting will be:
- Scott Young and Derek Lipscombe, both with Toyota, who will talk with us about the service opportunities available through the DFW Chapter of ACC (the Association of Corporate Counsel);
- Beverly Burk, who’ll tell us about the Veteran’s Legal Clinic in McKinney;
- James Esh and Jan Kearney of Legal Aid of NorthWest Texas, who will talk about what volunteer opportunities and training is available through Legal Aid;
- Mel Lemm, now of Mary Kay and formerly of HP, who can tell us about her experience with their pro bono program; and
- Merrie Cavenaugh, who can talk with us about the Texas Lawyers for Children (TLC) program of the Child Protection Connection.
Please plan to attend and bring your colleagues for an enlightening and inspiring discussion on how you and your in-house colleagues can participate in pro bono and community service.
Because we don't know exactly who will be saying what, we aren't applying for any MCLE credit hours for our October meeting. But you will get a great discussion, great company, great food, and learn how you can start racking up those billable hours for the soul!
- Martha James at firstname.lastname@example.org; 214-389-5705, or
- Anne Shuttee at email@example.com; 214-237-2922