The Trial Academy is…
- An interactive trial skills training program intended to improve advocacy skills. Collin County Judges, in conjunction with experienced attorneys, will lecture on and demonstrate the primary components of a trial. Participants will then practice their skills through live exercises.
Trial Academy Details
- Participants must make every effort to attend all three Trial Academy dates held September 14th, September 28th, and October 12th from 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. All sessions will be held at the Collin County Courthouse.
- Topics include voir dire, opening statement, direct examination, cross-examination/expert examination, and jury charge/closing statement.
- The six Modules will each be 3.5 hours long (plus the lunch break) and will be approved for CLE credit.
- Cost is $250 (includes the case study materials). Upon acceptance into the program, payment will be due by August 24, 2018. You forfeit your admission into the program if payment is not made by August 24, 2018.
- A certificate will be awarded at the October 16th Graduation Event to those who complete at least five out of six module topics.
Trial Academy Participation Requirements
- Current member of the Collin County Bar Association (membership form may be found at www.collincountybar.org beginning July 1)
- Commitment to attend the trial practice modules on dates listed above.
Completed Application Forms must be returned to Teresa Moore at email@example.com by 5:00 p.m. on August 3, 2018.
Click on link for application: